Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Jersey Shore

For those of you that, like me, enjoy a dose of terrible reality television once in awhile, you've probably fist-pumped your way through an episode of Jersey Shore before.



I can't help it. I'm well aware that this show probably kills my brain cells as I listen to the cast's mindless chatter. However, according to MTV this is all going to come to an end. Apparently, the cast is going to do one last season of Jersey Shore in Italy and then that's it.

However, the mayor of Florence (where the show will be filmed), isn't too excited about the guidos and guidettes crashing his city. He released a statement regarding some of the rules the cast will have to follow when in Florence. They include:

  • Will not be filmed in bars or clubs (including vineyards) that serve alcohol
  • Will not be filmed drinking on camera in public
  • Will not be filmed to promote Florence as a drinking town
  • Will be filmed in a manner to promote Italy (not Americans visiting Italy) and feature its culture and food
  • Will not be permitted to film inside of any historic building
  • The cast must interact with "authentic" Italians in "authentic" cultural settings

So you're telling me that MTV is going to try to fill an hour-long show each week of these guys soberly not drinking in public. You're also telling me that people are going to WANT to watch this? Sorry MTV but I'm not buying what you're selling. Just stick them back in Seaside, let them get drunk and fight each other, and call it a day.  


xoxo,

1 comment:

  1. I heard about all those rules. I wonder what the cast will do!
    Style in the City

    ReplyDelete