Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

"A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts." ~Washington Irving

"If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?"  ~Milton Berle

"Mothers are all slightly insane." ~J.D. Salinger 

"I want my children to have all the things I couldn't afford. Then I want to move in with them." ~Phyllis Diller
The last one especially reminds me of my mother. She always tells me that when I grow up and buy a big house, all she asks is that I build her a guest house in the back. She told me her job would be to lay by the pool and "keep an eye on it." Thanks mom. :)


I can't be there in person to celebrate Mother's Day with her this year because I'm in Charleston, BUT maybe I'll bring her some goodies back? Hope everyone has a great Mother's Day. Don't forget to tell your mothers you love them! 


This is a picture from a few years ago when 
my hair was super short (for me at least!)

Love you Mom! Hope you have a Happy Mother's Day!!

xoxo,

No comments:

Post a Comment